Design consultation for aero development purposes
- Understand current aero and handling characteristics and development preferences
- Understand the implications of race category regulations
- Develop bodywork to suit the regulations, manufacture methods, and budget^ requirements of the client
- Areas covered include Front Splitter, Front Diffuser, Canards, Front Wheelarches, Sideskirts, Floor, Rear Diffuser, Rear bodywork exits, Rear Wing and placement
- Provide a written report outlining all of the modifications proposed changes that are to be made to the vehicle. This report outlines all aspects of the vehicle from aero features to cooling ducts, as well as recommendations for adjustments and additional components to be tested. This report is typically 10 to 15 pages and includes sketches or drawings as appropriate for manufacture. Generally we have this out to the client within two weeks.
- Available during the production phase to discuss any queries or issues that you may face
- Outline any testing options^^
^ We will discuss options for constructing or modifying components within budgetary requirements as this will impact on the design freedom that we have. Obviously there are more complex shapes that can be moulded into carbon or glass rather than folded from sheet metal.
^^ Once the vehicle is completed and testing is to take place, we will outline briefly the adjustments that should be tested as a basis for a test plan. For an additional fee we will usually provide a test plan, track based test support and a report of the days findings after analysing the data.